ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport Front Wings?

just reading the spec for the mk3 dynamique sx saying it has the 16" alloys and sport front wings, but the wings dont look any diff to a regular mk3 or am i missing something?

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Yea they're slightly flared but not an awful lot. They do look better than the standard ones though !!

mines got them does look nice it was part of my option when upgraded from the 15s

standed 15s
Lg572713-01.jpg

Lg618703-01.jpg

wider on 16s
Lg613304-01.jpg

Lg600986-01.jpg

Lg613268-01.jpg

Last edited:
  MKIII 138
im not sure wether to go with the weitek £600 or £800 for H&R, my head says weitek, my heart say H&R. just that £800 is a lot to spend really, even though they will be mint will i notice. I think H&R do offer normally a refined ride from what ive heard..

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The difference is £200, which TBH is worth it I reckon, not least because if the ride isn't as nice as you'd like on the Weiteks - you'll always be thinking "Damn, should've got the H&Rs" and you'll probably end up selling the Weiteks on to get them - losing more coins :)

However you might get the H&Rs, find the ride not to your liking and wonder about the Weiteks - but I think that's a lot less likely. Although you might get the Weiteks and find the ride spot on, in which case, you saved £200! Any chance of a test ride in a car shod with either of them?

MKIII 138
im pretty much set on the H&R`s. the next dilema is 16" or 17" and how much spacing ? 20mm probably about right..

DSCF0008.jpg

here you can see a 60mm drop the back wheels sit inside the arch too much i think 20mm spacing should do it but will 25mm wreck it and rub ?

also look at the wheels even lowered and potencially spaced are they an inch too small for the extended arches on the 'sport' models and the general almost megane size of the car ?

need bioHzd to do it first so i can see :D

White Sti Hatch
Cars lower that it is in there and is now sitting on 25mm Spacers and the bring the wheels out perfectly !

DSC_0200.jpg

Looks even better on the move....excuse Colin!!!

S5032376.jpg

MKIII 138
ahh that looks a million times better m8 :D :D

25mm spacers it is for me then :)

did the handling get worse or better with the spacers post coilovers m8 ?

White Sti Hatch
Spacers made it better nor worse mate may be a slight improvment with the wider track and all but not that i have noticed....

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
im not sure wether to go with the weitek £600 or £800 for H&R, my head says weitek, my heart say H&R. just that £800 is a lot to spend really, even though they will be mint will i notice. I think H&R do offer normally a refined ride from what ive heard..

Sorry to hijack, but I have Weitecs on my Lupo and they are awesome. Never been in a car with H&R's admittadly but I doubt you will be anything but stunned by the ride and handling. I'm down about 70mm and I can go over draincovers and hardly feel anything, nice and stiff but very well damped.

MKIII 138

Sorry to hijack, but I have Weitecs on my Lupo and they are awesome. Never been in a car with H&R's admittadly but I doubt you will be anything but stunned by the ride and handling. I'm down about 70mm and I can go over draincovers and hardly feel anything, nice and stiff but very well damped.

i had just about decided on the H&R then :(

having said that the lupo is prolly 200kg lighter !

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cant see why not. Its just the 197 wings which are different as they lead into the side skirts and wider front bumper

White Sti Hatch
When you go in and ask for them at the parts desk of the stealers better brig your on Lube !!!!

White Sti Hatch
Theyll fit no probs but still expect to pay £££££ and take some lube with you lol !