ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spotting a busted shock?

Clio 182
The handling on my car just now is shocking. The back end is very lively on bumpy roads when your turning into corners and the it seems to be banging alot at the back over bumps. The other day when i was washing my car i noticed an oil slick in the water after i had rinsed out the arches. I looked the other night at the rear shocks but couldn't see any obvious signs of leaking.

What is the easiest way to tell if it is broken?

cheers

ph1 track weapon
drop the rear beam, undo the problem shock and push. if it has no resistance its dead, or in my case, if it falls apart then its most definitely fecked!

Clio 182
also had 4 new tyres fitted and its pretty soon after that i noticed the problem, could that be realated?

ph1 track weapon
wouldnt have thought the two would be related to be honest. mine was gone before i even bought the car and it toook me a month to notice lol