ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spotting an import

Recaro + Cupped 182
Hello!

How can you spot an import 182?
also whats the deal with the grey stripes on some black and silver ones?

Cheers

Brooko said:
Hello!

How can you spot an import 182?
also whats the deal with the grey stripes on some black and silver ones?

Cheers

if brand new..................warrenty not as long as normal , ppl put them on themselves , stripes only come with the racing blue 1s . others to ppl's choices i believe .

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Do the UK 182's have alarms? If so, an import probably won't have. My 1.6 is an import and the only thing it didn't have was the standard alarm.

DynamiqueDebz said:
Do the UK 182's have alarms? If so, an import probably won't have. My 1.6 is an import and the only thing it didn't have was the standard alarm.

yep remember someithing like that too......................ooh how about the steering wheel on the left :(

R35 GTR
kullycliosport said:
immigrants young david , otherwise its not worth the effort:eek:

Hahahahaha.

There wont be an led near gear stick, no alarm, left hand drive:)o couldnt resist), no alarm sensors on a pillar.

It's silly though, as every bloody clio is an import.....

R35 GTR
spamtastic old fella, two posts in a row. This game has rules you know, you gotta wait your turn.:clown:

edit: oooops says me.lol.

Recaro + Cupped 182
it is stupid if its just the alarm! ive seen a couple with these grey stripes on. 2 black ones and a silver.

R35 GTR
Brooko said:
it is stupid if its just the alarm! ive seen a couple with these grey stripes on. 2 black ones and a silver.

only the blue ones came with white stripes as far as i know, and I dont think this would stick it into import category.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
IMPORT.jpg

nope as said earlier .................believe its probablt optional extras , not normal ,as it was only the raciing blue 182's come with white gordini stripes:eek:

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Yes it is totally daft. I don't see what all the fuss about imports is, being as if they are only missing the alarm they are absolutely no different. Makes me laugh when people go on about imports being s**t! What's that all about?

DynamiqueDebz said:
Yes it is totally daft. I don't see what all the fuss about imports is, being as if they are only missing the alarm they are absolutely no different. Makes me laugh when people go on about imports being sh*t! What's that all about?

only affected when buying new , 2yr warrenty ?? but yeah wtf ?

R35 GTR
DynamiqueDebz said:
Yes it is totally daft. I don't see what all the fuss about imports is, being as if they are only missing the alarm they are absolutely no different. Makes me laugh when people go on about imports being sh*t! What's that all about?

underseal is also different, so in different climates the car will suffer differently.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
kullycliosport said:
only affected when buying new , 2yr warrenty ?? but yeah wtf ?

Yeah I only got a 2 year Renault warranty, but I paid for an extra year and smiled my face off as I got the car £1500 cheaper than I could have if I'd got a non import. Was a bargain as far as I am concerned. :D

DynamiqueDebz said:
Yeah I only got a 2 year Renault warranty, but I paid for an extra year and smiled my face off as I got the car £1500 cheaper than I could have if I'd got a non import. Was a bargain as far as I am concerned. :D

:clap: :clap: and nobody can really tell the differences either

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Dave3141 said:
underseal is also different, so in different climates the car will suffer differently.

Hmmm, I didn't know about the underseal, but lets face it, unless you know your stuff you aren;t going to notice that anyway. Makes no odds to me, if you look after the car it should fare as well anyway. ~Shrugs~

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Dave3141 said:
what if you live near the sea, and had no protection under the car?

Well, unless you got straight onto it and sorted it out you would be pretty well fucked, either that or move! ;) lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dave3141 said:
what if you live near the sea, and had no protection under the car?

European cars / imports are undersealed just the same as UK cars . Its only when you buy an import , say for instance from Japan they generally don't have underseal as their climate doesn't warrant having it .

So yes import clios "do " have underseal .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
kullycliosport said:
billy boy.............hes a noobie.............so every little help goes a long way ;)

I'm not having a pop at him kully , just using the search for " imports " would fire up lots of posts as its been asked before thousands of times .

I'm on my second import . Would never buya UK car if i can save a couple of grand . The alarms fitted to UK cars have been known to have problems and they only have an 18 month warranty on them . Get a good aftermarket cat 1 alarm like my toad 850 with a lifetime warranty . I also sold my first import 172 for the same amount that people were selling UK cars of similar age , mileage etc ..... .

No locking wheel nuts , big deal . Buy aftermarket or ebay for renualt ones .

I have a full warranty and full AA cover . So imports all the way for me :)

R35 GTR
MRBILLYUK said:
European cars / imports are undersealed just the same as UK cars . Its only when you buy an import , say for instance from Japan they generally don't have underseal as their climate doesn't warrant having it .

So yes import clios "do " have underseal .

ah what a dumbass I am.

MRBILLYUK said:
I'm not having a pop at him kully , just using the search for " imports " would fire up lots of posts as its been asked before thousands of times .

I'm on my second import . Would never buya UK car if i can save a couple of grand . The alarms fitted to UK cars have been known to have problems and they only have an 18 month warranty on them . Get a good aftermarket cat 1 alarm like my toad 850 with a lifetime warranty . I also sold my first import 172 for the same amount that people were selling UK cars of similar age , mileage etc ..... .

No locking wheel nuts , big deal . Buy aftermarket or ebay for renualt ones .

I have a full warranty and full AA cover . So imports all the way for me :)

i know m8................hehe just playin toooo:rasp: