ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spray or wrap

Clio 197
What do you all think? I have An sx body kit that needs fitting and spraying but one of mates said why don't I get it wrapped it is cheaper and does not chip... So I was thinking of geting my sx kit and door and bumper moulds wrapped what do you think is wrapping a good idea or is spraying better

Listerine & Poledo
what colour and finish do you want?

If your answer in anyway involves "Shiny", then paint

Clio 197
Same as my car pal silver in to mind I always fort sprayed but I saw them do a BMW in pearl white and it looked ace

Clio 197
That's what I was thinking Jesus I said that to them but they said they can match it and I won't be able to tell

They won't be able to match it. Up close wrapping just looks like a really poor paint job.

Clio 182 arctic
You would be surprised what colours you can get with vinyl. Anthracite is an actual colour you can get off the shelf vinyl in. Plus you can match any paint colour, but you've just got to pay the extra for it.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
you WONT match it. trust me.

if youve got a half painted car, paint the kit. and this is coming from someone who wraps cars.

clio 182, 62 beetle
paint anyday we had a testarossa in wrapped in white and like jcc said it looked like a £500 repaint and it was done well
and now the guy cant sell it as people are suspicious as to whats underneith!!

Technically you probably can match it in vinyl, digital printing these days is amazing and you'll need to use the right company for the job. Obviously id paint it, or wrap the whole car, but wrapping does chip like anything else, i dont know many finishes that will be unmarked after a brick hitting it at 70mph lol.

Im not a fan of wrapping to be honest, has to be done absolutely perfect else the edges look lame and is prone to lifting over time. (Its also no where near as glossy and you cant polish out a scratch lol)