ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying Brake Calipers

CLIO 197 2007
Hi,
Does anyone know if i will need to use a heat proof paint if i respray my calipers?
If so, know any good suppliers?

Cheers:clown:

RS6 C7
Hi,
Does anyone know if i will need to use a heat proof paint if i respray my calipers?
If so, know any good suppliers?

Cheers:clown:

You will need heatproof, If you do buy some don't buy the halford rubbish as mine set on fire after being painted with "heat proof" paint.

I also used black hammerite. Not used on track though, but mine was fine.
Brushing it on will be better than spraying too, if your planning on doing it without taking them off the car.

Mine did

DSCI1004.jpg

Mental 172 Cup
I got my Caliper paint from ebay, good for 500 degrees and never ever has a problem, saying that I never did a track day with them..

CLIO 197 2007
Thanks guys, think i will try to find some blue heat proof spray. Dont know what my chances are lol

I painted mine yellow, the only way to roll ;)

Mine have never melted, as a lot of people have said, I've never done a track day, but I've cooked my brakes a few times on the road, just probably not hero enough to melt the paint :eek: