ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying interior with Krylon Fusion

Clio 172 2002
So basically i had this mad idea about spraying my entire interior plastic from the ugly grey and blue to shiny black with this :
K02531.png

It's a special mix for plastic and people say it lasts and durable to the sun, I already know how to take off the door panels, the gearbox plastic surround and the rear panels and the top half of the dashboard to spray it outside the car (I will do like 2 runs on each panel, wait for first to dry and proceed to do a second).
The only thing i Don't know how to take out is that silver surround around the radio.
My question is how bad is it if i spray the lower half of the dashboard while it's in the car ? will the smell get attached to the carpets or something ? will it have good ventilation to dry properly ? I thought about leaving it grey but I think it will be better all black.
I could wrap everyhing else with paper to avoid overlapping other things with spray, But if it's too much of a mess and if there is a strong chance i will get spray paint smell in the car for weeks I rather leave it grey.
this is the cheap mans alternative to flocking.

Anyway I will post pictures how/when it's done.
btw there is a matte option and a Satin option for the color, wonder what to pick.

Listerine & Poledo
Satin will just cause massive reflections into your windscreen.
If you have all the patience, you can mask up the cockpit and not have to remove the dash. You will have a paint smell though. Worse if you slip and empty half the can into the carpet.

But as sun-durable it says it is, I don/t expect the finish will last. The squidgy-dash of a 172 may not take well to it.

Clio 172 2002
Oh well, flock that i will.
Wonder if I can do it my self or take it to the flocking shop. (Haha)
probably take it to the flocking shop.
thanks all.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Is there any other way to get rid of the dashtop reflection in the windscreen other than flocking?
Is there some sort of matt polish that works?

Its just tooooooo shiny and the reflection is distracting

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Is there any other way to get rid of the dashtop reflection in the windscreen other than flocking?
Is there some sort of matt polish that works?

Its just tooooooo shiny and the reflection is distracting

Clean it with an interior cleaner, the dash top shouldn't be shiny, that'll be a lovely sheen of dirt