ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying my Interior

BMW 320d Sport

Ill tell you all about it in a couple of weeks! I just picked up a complete dashboard from the scrappies to test it out on.

The thing to be carefull with here is taht your dash shrinks and expands during the summer and winter so it can be prone to cracking . i think theres a flexi solution ya can buy wich you apply during your prep work.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Spraying it how as in colour coding it with regular exterior paint or with proper interior stuff?

BMW 320d Sport

I always thought it would look really sh*te but saw it done in that new Haynes Clio modding book and done properly it looks quality. Im just going for dark blue, nothing too obvious.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Nick - Is that the Max power one?

Mr Haynes looks like santa on the website...lol

www.haynes.co.uk

I was thinking of doing parts of the car in silver, eg door handles and little bits like that! I wasnt planning on doing the whole lot like in tha haynes manual as that would mean stripping the whole car for a few days :( but what is left black in the manual i was going for silver, any advice would help as im spryaing tomorrow, colours etc

Id have thought in the long run there will be problems owing to the mock-leather grains on the plastic surfaces.

BMW 320d Sport

Well I think it depends what you use. If you get the old Humbrol paints out then its gonna look cack, the proper foliatec is designed for the job, it is supposed to actually dye the plastic rather than paint it, so whatever textrure is there already wont be covered up. I think itll work, folia tec stuff generally does what it says on the tin, eg their brake caliper paint will stand up to any kind of abuse without altering its colour or chipping off.

ive painted alot of the plastic in the car silver, however not gone near the stuff with that crappy mock coverin stuff

i had a go with some of the stuff halfords have for plastic painting on the upper part of the dashboard, on the can it said to use some of the surface cleaner, so i got some of that too, and it worked fine. You have to make sure you dont spray to close to the plastic otherwise it goes a bit funny. The upper dashboard i was painting was in grey as it was out of an rt, but wanted it black for my 16v (old upper dashboard was runined by previous owner), and it looks fine after painting (smelled for a few days of solvent mind), and when i took the original dashboard out i noticed that they are painted out of the factory as its grey underneath!!

Audi S3 225

Looks nice Alnug, anyone attempted to sprayer parts of the interior on the mk1 and mk2 clios? I did think bout it, but got put of when my m8s started to peal and bubble! Lol he a fool!