ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring Clean

Clio 172 Cup
Right, I'm wondering if I should buy some new stuff for cleaning me car. I'm going to give me car the full going over this weekend. I gave it a good polish and wax the other week, so it should it make the washing (two bucket method) a bit quicker. (I work on a industrial estate and my car gets covered in a fine sand/dust every week!) To get it straight, I've seen it's been put on here a million times but, wash, clay, wash again, dry, wax and QD, right?

This will be the first time that I have clayed a car and have bought sonus glyde and clay, so any advise welcome. Some poorboy wax and meguiars ultimate quick detailer to round off the last two bits. Now I'm wanting to know if I should buy some new buffing and drying towels, I currently use some crappy cheap microfiber towels from the supermarket which only cost a few quid for about four, which don't do a bad job tbh. Is it worth buying Sonus Der Wunder buffing and drying towels that I have seen on the i4detailing website?

Cheers Gray.

Mito Sportiva 135
Its always better to polish and/or cleanse the paint before waxing to give it a good surface to bond to mate.

If you are just going to wax straight away and not use a sealant, the Dodo Juice Lime Prime that i4detailing sell could be a good shout.

And yes definitely a good shout on buying some decent cloths too. For drying towels I think the Miracle Towel is definitely the best I have used, not sure if i4detailing sell that but Clean Your Car and Wash Wash n Wax do last time I checked.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, I thought that you should only polish once or twice a year, or is that with a hard polish with something like a g220? Do I need to get a buffing towel or will the drying towel suffice?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah a "proper" polish as in removing defects 1-2 times a year (shouldn't be a need for any more) but something like SRP or Sonus Paint Cleanser on a finishing pad you could do every week if you wanted as won't remove anything.

I would DEFINITELY get some buffing towels though, work a million times better than those lint cloths some people use and pretty cheap too now, can get like 3 decent-ish ones for around a tenner.

Clio 172 Cup
Alright, I will add polish (srp) to the "to do" list and place the orders on the towels.

Thanks again.