ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

springs or shocks

Im realy on a budget guys,ill be putting 15" 195/45 wheels and tyres on my car and im looking for a drop the sets the top of the tyres just in the arches(55m?,the car is a mk1 ph3,

do just springs realy make your car handle like s**t,and wear your shocks out real fast,its only a 1.2 and i just want the look realy i dont corner hard or anything,just dont want a realy messed up ride,will springs do the job?or do i have to buy shocks which i cant realy afford?

also with 55m and 15's on a mk with standard bumpers can anyone get passengers in the back at all,or have problems with speed bumps when theres just driver and front passenger in,please share your thoughts guys,the people in back would only be rarely and the bumps are as delivery driver,please help
thanks
Tony

ive lowered my mk1 ph3 by about 40 mm all round springs only though. sittin on standard shox, id advise to get uprated shox if u go any lower.

Last edited:
  ph1-mk1-1.4, white
done my 1.4 on shocks.... bouncy bouncy, coilovers after xmas ;)

works tho, (60mm drop) recomend camber adjusting bolts tho!

anyone got any!!

Andy

ps: i have valver arches, so cant help you on the rubbing question

Im realy on a budget guys,ill be putting 15" 195/45 wheels and tyres on my car and im looking for a drop the sets the top of the tyres just in the arches(55m?,the car is a mk1 ph3,

do just springs realy make your car handle like s**t,and wear your shocks out real fast,its only a 1.2 and i just want the look realy i dont corner hard or anything,just dont want a realy messed up ride,will springs do the job?or do i have to buy shocks which i cant realy afford?

also with 55m and 15's on a mk with standard bumpers can anyone get passengers in the back at all,or have problems with speed bumps when theres just driver and front passenger in,please share your thoughts guys,the people in back would only be rarely and the bumps are as delivery driver,please help
If ride matters don't bother lowering the car on the cheap.

Springs arn't an ideal ride.

Shock will wear quicker but there now way of saying how long they will last it will be less than withouth lowering springs but all. Could be 100k could be 30k.