ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs or Vmaxx?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
What would be a better option for road use:

Eibach 50mm lowering springs and Koni shocks or a set of new fully adjustable V-maxx coilovers?

Want it to stick to the road well and too add abit of comfort over what its like now.

chumpmobile
if you have a 1.2 = deck it, this can only be done on coilovers

ffs next time use the f**king search
there are about 1 billion of these posts already

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
To be fair, i've already used search and didnt find my answer. If you dont want to comment then don't.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
me and dweeb have had this exact conversation a number of times i swear lol. yeah get some coilies, second hand on ebay or cheap new ones all work out about the same price

172 Cup
From what you have said i would strongly recommend some Eibachs with Koni shocks like you said, it will be pretty comfortable still and will handle great.

If you go coilovers spend your money on coilover's worth having, like some bilsteins for example...then have the car corner weighted and put through a full alignment process to have the car PROPERLY set up (this is a costly process but the only way i would ever have coilovers on my car)...dont put cheap sh*t coilovers on unless you want to ruin it. Personally i'd go for a good set of springs and dampers and spend the extra cash on a rear anti roll bar, some decent tyres or brakes.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
If you want to be low and look good, the only way is coilovers. It will be a harsher ride, but I think its worth it, and my coilovers arnt 'that' bad. If you want good handling but arn't to fussed on height, springs and shocks.