ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs settling

hmmmmmmmmmm....

Do springs take a certain time to bed in by any chance? Coz i was out with some pplz from here (a meet in swindom).... and sammy from here had a mk2 which was lowered 35mm at back & 30mm on the front and had 15" alloys with a tire profile of 45..... and ive got a 60mm drop on 15" alloys with a tire profile of 55 and hers was a lil lower on the back than mine and only a lil higher on the front?!!

Whats going on?!

P.S hers was lowered 2 years ago & mine was lowered last wednesday & my car is only 5 days old if that makes any difference...

any light on here is much appreciated... Coz i really dont want to hear somet like Demon tweeks sold me 35mm springs instead coz it never even crossed my mind till today :(

megane

mine took a few weeks to bed in the front ones anyway

i got a few m8s to sit in me boot to bed me backs ones in which did actually help

andy

Lionel Richie

what make are the springs????

They always take time to bed in!!

BTW who fitted them???? did they have to compress the springs to get them on???

knowing the roads sammy drives down her shocks are probably well f*cked mate id give it a couple of weeks before you worry. failing that get some fat mates to sit in it while you heat the springs with an oxy ascetaline(sp) torch that should sort it ;)

lol, not sure if u were joking about the last bit or not! :confused:

& fred, they are Spax springs! & ben R fitted them... and if i remember... he did use spring compresses to get them around the shock to fit them back in on the front! but not on the rear.... I just held them in whilst he lowered the car onto the wheels again...

The front seems pretty low and how it should be... its just the rear is still pretty high! & still some gap between the arch and the wheel! however on some pplz pics of their clios dropped on 60mm they seem lower!!!

Lionel Richie

Ben "the god" R fitted them, so itll be done right then!!!! are the rear spring coils all touching????

lol, yes ben the god r hehe. not sure what u mean by the spring coils all touching? do you mean sitting in the recess correctly?

Lionel Richie

i mean are the rear springs "coil binding" stick your head under the rear bumper and see if the coils are touching each other

the clio like alot of other cars are set up higher at the back from factory to aid turn in etc, hence when you lower the car the rear will still appear higher than the front

lol - thought so :oops:

& a pic would be good tom mate! & im pretty sure i know what ur talking about.... Its just i can check at this very moment as its in the bodyshop!

& monk m8, i know about that... coz i wanted to keep that same height difference with the front n back to keep the handling... its just that i know someone thats aparently lowered hers 35mm on the back and ive gone 60mm and her back is the same if not lower!!

Dont know? Could have.... Ive got a single directed audio 12" sub in a 0.77 volume enclosure... and one genesis profile 2 & no spare!

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 30 September 2003

sammy has ice, two subs and an amp cant remember if they are 10s or 12s but i remember that one kept cutting out lol
thatll weight a fair bit and you havent got a spare either pretty much explain it

hmmm might just have to sit on the back and see how much it lowers it by... coz my weight is pretty much equivilant to an ice install & a spare! although i do have one sub!!