ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SQL help

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a query that returns 100 fields from 20 tables.

One of the lines in the select statement is:

CASE WHEN Column1 IS NULL THEN PLSupplierAccount.Salesperson ELSE Column1 END AS Sales_Agent,

I’ve not anonymised it, that’s what it actually says.

Why does it say Column1 - as far as I can see there is no field in any of the 20 table that’s called Column1.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I've never even considered that an option in SQL, but i can see the logic in how it would work.

What do you need help with, though? It's s surely just applying the case statement to the first returned column in the select.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Is it part of a stored procedure? It would be horrendous from a readability perspective, but if they're defining @Column1 somewhere then that could do it.

When you say SQL, do you mean MSSQL or one of the other types?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it part of a stored procedure? It would be horrendous from a readability perspective, but if they're defining @Column1 somewhere then that could do it.

When you say SQL, do you mean MSSQL or one of the other types?
I’m afraid I don’t know the answer… to either of your questions! 🤷‍♂️

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, OK, fair enough. What tool are you using to run the SQL? Is it MS Access/SQL Developer/Something else?

At the moment all I can really suggest is doing a text search through the SQL and looking for anywhere that Column1 is being set, probably look something like "@Column1 = <something>"