ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeaky steering help

Mini Cooper
hi anyone had or know what this could be and how to solve it. when i turn the steering wheel i get a really annoying squeak mostly at the beginning of turning it. it sounds like its just behind the steering wheel somewhere

Yozz'd up 182
I also have this anybody have any advice? sounds like behind front wheel. not top mounts as sounds lower in the engine bay when bonnet open.

Clio Expression 1.4 16v
I also have this problem!!Got the car as an xmas gift so its still under warranty!!

330 Ci
mine does this but only in warm weather (the various plastics expanding im guessing).

I havent tried it yet but abit of vasaline or similar would do the job?... I hear it goes along way ;)

Clio Expression 1.4 16v
had mine at the garage last week and the mechanic told me all it was was a dry joint...he sprayed it with wd40 and said i had to let it work it s way in......been a week....still got a squeak :S

Fiesta ST-2
I tried the hoover and wd40 no use really. As said worse in warm weather I think after awhile it gets quieter that or you get used to it

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's suspension top mounts most do it. Do not use wd40. Lol it's a cleaner which takes moisture out yes but then doesn't lubricate the bearing inside of the mounts. So apparently duck oil is supposed to be good. The peeps who used wd40 get that quick. Lol

then there are washers that are supposed to help after that.

Clio Expression 1.4 16v
hiya im a bit confused as to how it could be my suspension top mounts squeaking when i move my steering wheel...to me it sounds like a squeak thats caused by rubber moving against plastic...tried altering my steering wheel height but this hasnt solved it either.
Apparently i just need to grease the joint at the bottom of the steering wheel column??????

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
:bump::bump::bump:

I have this squeaking problem with my mk3 and it is driving me absolutely insane. I'm convinced it happens more when turning right and at lower speeds.

Does anyone have any ideas what it is / how to fix it?

I'll feel like a dick walking into Renault saying "my car is squeaking" ...