ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky wipers

2004 Racing Blue 182
How do I solve this? tried a new set of wipers, they still squeak on every repetition! driving me mad!
NV

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Lift them off the screen and see if it still does it. Maybe the screen just isn't wet enough ;) what wipers you running? Bosch aero?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There's a small chance that your wiper mechanism isn't lined up properly.

I had this a while back. The coverage of the screen with the blades was fine, but the motion of the wipers was noisy. New blades didn't fix it and I remembered that I had taken the wiper mechanism out a while before to get to the washer bottle.

Turns out that I'd missed the locating peg at the rear of the bulkhead for the wipe mechanism to mount onto. It's easily missed and the main bolts for the wiper arms line up without this locating peg being in the correct place. Essentially it looks right, but it isn't.

Unbolted it, lined it up again and the bolted it back in - and it's been fine ever since. Grand total of 10-15 minutes to do - and that's me being over-cautious!

2004 Racing Blue 182
Cheers mate, I’ll have a check at the weekend when I’m under the bonnet anyway.

Too man [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, I’ll have a check at the weekend when I’m under the bonnet anyway.

Too man [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries - I hope that fixes it!

I've hijacked an image off here from years back and drawn an arrow to roughly the location of the fixing peg. It's from memory, so I might be a little out - but if you look in the cavity of where the wiper mechanism is, you can't miss the peg.

upload_2018-2-12_10-39-23.png