ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeek While Turning

White Sti Hatch
As itle says only happens while turning cant hear it while driving in a straight line....anyone know what i might be or the number of things it might be ??

White Sti Hatch
power assisted steering fluid level low?
wheel rubbing on arch?
little mouse getting squished?

Number one it might be as its not a rubbing sound if you get me its a proper squeek only thing is i dont think it will be steering fluid it seemd to get louder the fater your going when you turn

White Sti Hatch
Any way i can tell by looking under car or that or would i need to take it into a garage ?

Any way i can tell by looking under car or that or would i need to take it into a garage ?

Have a look yourself see if theres anything you can see.

Have a look at the mounts under the bonnet as you get someoen to turn the wheel check there not catching on the bodyshell.

you could check the wheel bearing by driving down a road then turning the engine off, so its quiet and listen for a grinding noise.

the steering rack can be checked by grabbing the steering wheel or tyre and see if there is any play in it.

or just to confuse you even more it could be the cv joint, if i was you
i would take it to the garage.

White Sti Hatch
you could check the wheel bearing by driving down a road then turning the engine off, so its quiet and listen for a grinding noise.

the steering rack can be checked by grabbing the steering wheel or tyre and see if there is any play in it.

or just to confuse you even more it could be the cv joint, if i was you
i would take it to the garage.

Passenger CV was done about 2 months ago cause it blew up lol.....By play you mean just if the wheel moves left to right ? ill try the turning engine off tomoz

White Sti Hatch
There not play in the wheels as far as i can tell, As for power steering fluid (tup right under bonet ?) its full but i think its a bit over the max line...that be a problem ?

Clio MK 4
i have a creaking sound when i move my wheel. but this only happens at stand still or at 5mph. Any ideas what it could be? its as if its stiff and needs oiling but dont know what

White Sti Hatch
WEll the fluids been that way since i got the car so i cant see it being that i check both CV joint last night gave them a squeez there still full of grease....anything else it could be ? Wheel bearings ? although in a straight line theres no noise whatso ever

Black 172
My wheel creaks when i am on full lock? think its the suspension ? sorry for hijacking your post! not sure why mine creaks, but only does it on full lock !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had some squeaking on my 182 . Took back to Renault and they said they tightened up some bolts on the subframe . Anyway , it's gone now :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ What ?? Everythings bolted to the hub , makes no difference if the wheels are pointing forwards or turned .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
There are good local garages and bad local garages ;) So if thats there diagnosis , what is their remedy ? Or don't they know ?? I very much doubt it's your brakes .

clio 182
id say its your ball joints.had mine replaced under warranty on my 55 plate 182 thats only dun 16000 miles.mine was creaking real loud.i had a look myself and found slight lift in the ball joints and told renault.took them 3 visits to the dealer to get it sorted tho.i no a few guys on here hav had it solved the same way with lower arms like me

clio 182
mikey 16v,i was told this time and time again from renault......that it was the top mounts rubbing.try the strut top mod with the 3mm spacer washers and if you still get the creaking then look into your bottom arms

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i havent actually got round to even changing it as it dont really bother me only does it on full lock but will get round to it thanks for the advice mate

White Sti Hatch
Well i had springs fitted a while ago and it only really started doin it after i got my tyres change on the front...only thin now is when i turn right its a clunking sound along side the squeek :?