ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeking noise from my fiesta *Video included*

Nothing at the mo :(
Hey my fiesta has developed a squeek

Now its deff coming from the engine and deff coming from the belt side of the engine. i told this when it was snowing hence the snow lol.. you can hear it extremely well when i get closer to the bonnet.. any help would be grateful

Plus i had book it into the garage for next week but i wanna get a heads up and try and see what it is

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/ddebling/media/20130210_210456_zps86d4d48c.mp4.html

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
cant really hear it from the video.

i know my old mans focus tdci has a really bad squeak that comes and goes. never found out the problem.

checked to see if anything touching the belts ?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Can't you just take it back to Ford? I'm assuming it's still under warranty.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
defo sounds like and aux squeak. take it to ford if itd under warenty. they'll just change the belt hopefully curring it.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I can hear it..... ford do currently have a problem with there Auxillary (stretch) belts. Some models are using stretch belts with no tensioner.
Ive had to do a few on the focus because of squeeling problems when starting from cold. The new belt i bought recently from ford was 3.5 cm shorter than the original it had on it. Ford do know about these issues..... but are not so quick on telling you when you mention it.

Nothing at the mo :(
Misses dropped of the car to ford today and as always trying to fob of a woman. Said if the belt squeeks but its not faulty they won't replace it. Also steering creeks and tried to fob her of sayinv the lubricant for the steering column is only valid fpr a year lol. Bare in mind its a 1 year old car. She told them to ring me when they've checked it over
Good luck ford trying to fob me of later.