ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeeking noise on start up

clio 172
hi folks i noticed a slight squeeking noise on start up this morning coming from the aux belt area. After a few revs it went staight away and didnt get any louder as i reved the car.

i had the cambelt & auxbelt+tensioners changed around 20000 miles ago
also had a new waterpump and powersteering pump done around 5000 miles ago.

any ideas anyone? anything to worry about or just the cold weather? (ie cold belts cold bearings)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I've had it before, heard it a couple of times when starting then it went never to re-appear!

White ds3
its the heaters iv hadf it when it nxt hapen turn thwm of an see if it goes when they warm up ig goes away for sum odd reason

clio 172
hi folks i noticed a slight squeeking noise on start up this morning coming from the aux belt area. After a few revs it went staight away and didnt get any louder as i reved the car.

i had the cambelt & auxbelt+tensioners changed around 20000 miles ago
also had a new waterpump and powersteering pump done around 5000 miles ago.

any ideas anyone? anything to worry about or just the cold weather? (ie cold belts cold bearings)

hi just done a 300 mile round trip and noticed this morning that the squeeking on start up has got louder but still goes away after a few seconds

anymore sugestions anyone?

mine has started doing it too!!

once again i think the menace is the cold weather!!

i have not changed my oil for a thinner oil for winter!! as when its cold it takes longer to reach the parts others dont haha!

once the oil gets warm and gets about a bit,(sound like some of my mates) the noise disappears as if by magic "Shazaam"