ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeeking noise

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
it happens when the cars moving its a high pitch quiet squeek but it stop's once you start braking anyclues?

Taa!

PH1 172 Sport
well usually if its a stone or piece of grit etc ..it will come out with some hard braking. It may not be that problem at all though just a guess from experiance.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
could be the hole in the wing mirror on the drivers side, where the temp sensor is on european version, the uk one beingo n the passenger side, apprenlty some people get wind whistling through it over say 30mph and can be quite annoying apprenly but when you slow down it stops.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
hummm thats a good one im gonna try it with some tape nice one jaffa

96' 1.4 Clio RT & Polo
I get the same problem on my 1.2RL - had the brakes checked out, but still squealing...any ideas on that?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
pads making slight contact with the discs?

i get a slight squeaking when going around a round-about. Mind you, ive had new discs and pads less than 800 miles ago.

Mercedes C Class Sport
^ I had/have this issue. I replaced discs and pads and apparently they needed 'chamfering' (filing down). Its stopped but does it occasionally

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive been out in the car n it wasnt making it (going back to the hole in the mirror theory) the car was wet n the hole had water in it

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
if its the hole then i'm sure a but of silicon or some gaffa tape from the inside would sort it, but i'm not sure if the hole is required for drainage purposes.