ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeling noise??

Low 'n' Slow
I seem to be getting a squeeling noise when i change gear, sounds like a fan belt slipping. when i lift the clutch it starts, if i put the clutch back down it goes away. only seems to happen when the car is cold

I've had my aux belt done this year, could it be this? or does it sound like something clutch related?

:dapprove:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
have you checked the belt tightness, there is a little bolt on the charger motor thing, can't think what its called cos im drunken, its at the front of the engine, 10mm spanenr and tightnen it up some more

Low 'n' Slow
don't think its the belt, so looks like the clutch realease bearing

cheers guys... looks like a new clutch kit for me then

Low 'n' Slow
i've not had one fitted yet. been moving into a new flat. will be going to get one sorted this week or next as its getting worse, will let you know if it sorts it

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
my clutch release bearing started squeeling, within 4 days the clutch pedal was jumping up and down on its own, 2 days later i couldnt get any gears lol, guess what im doing this weekend, if youve caught it early and can do the work yourself the clutch release bearing is about 14 notes from your dealer

Lots of Alfas
Seems a shame to get all that way to the clutch and then not replace the clutch while your at it?