ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRP doesn't seem much use?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Hi, i just got some autoglym srp and egp, tried using srp, it doesnt seem to 'hide' and marks scuffs, even small/light scratches?

Am i doing something wrong?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It will hide light swirling as it does contain some fillers, but I guess we're talking about marks you can see in daylights and not under a torch? Nothing really is going to hide scratches or scuffs unless they are attempted to be polished out, where despite its name, SRP is not a true polish

What is your method of application? Work say half a panel with a damp applicator and a little blob of SRP and work it until it starts to haze over. To get the best from it it needs to be worked quite well but not with too much pressure that you may mark the paint. Then buff it off

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
How long should I wait before buffing it off?
I know it won't cover big marks, but t doesn't seem to cover small marks either
What's best to use to cover big marks?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Doesn't need much time to 'cure' but it needs a lot of elbow grease on tougher marks. Work a bit of SRP over a square foot of bodywork with reasonable pressure (you don't want the panels bending!) for quite a while. It's certainly not a wipe on and off product unfortunately.

For noticeable marks, try some Megs ScratchX or GTechniq P1 on isolated areas first. Again, it'll need some work by hand.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
re you talking about small.scratches or small swirls? If you can feel it with your finger nail nothing will hide it

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Well scratches and swirls, I know of its deep it wont fill it in. But I used it on some light swirls/scratches and it hides it at first once it 'dries' they just come back