ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRS window washers fuuuu

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I honestly hate window washers don't think I ever owned car were they work properly.... Replaced my washer motor with great difficulty and messing around only to find the fronts work but not the rear.
It's a brand new motor so what could be the issue any ideas ?

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
There's a little rubber bung on the two outlets of the motor, which is supposed to shuttle back and forth between the front and rear washers depending on which way the motor's running. It tends to swell up and block one of the sides off. You can trim it down if you take the motor apart. I'll see if I can find the guide.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Finally got them working stuck a pin in rear one noticed I had a crack in washer bottle, super glue then bluetack then duct tape sorted it lol

RB 182 FF
What Mcgherkin mentioned is also a troublesome issue, I trimmed my bung yet still caused me trouble with underpowered squirters after a while. I think crap in the washer bottle works it's way in an clogs, so my fix was to remove the bung.... When I squirt my washers now both front and back squirt at the same time, but very powerfully so I'm very happy with this fix as I know it's the last time I'll be fiddling with that particular tricky issue! :smile::up:

RB 182 FF
The rear window on the Clio can't be cleaned enough, mine always seems to be filthy!! :up: The rear wiper delete people do is ridiculous to me!!