ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SSD Hard Drive Problem

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just turned on my dell laptop that I use almost daily and its coming up no hard drive found.

its an OCZ 60gb SSD

when I plug the hard drive into my other laptop via usb its picks it up find and I can view files.

not got a clue what to do?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Does the dell laptop see your other laptop drive if you put it in? or vice versa? doesn't have to boot but if it shows up it would point towards a mobo issue.
I had it once with an old Toshiba.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
not tired that yet

if I plug the hard drive in as a usb on my other laptop it connects fine, I then put it back in as a hard drive and it starts up

it does this and comes back as no issues

DSC_0747_zps5qmwxjhd.jpg

then the laptop starts up and goes onto the desktop. but desktop is frozen I cant do anything and after a few mins I get this

DSC_0748_zpsjzce6zbz.jpg

when the computer restarts after the blue screen I get the message no hard drive detected.

so I have to start again, plug it in as a usb drive then put it back in as a hard drive

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I dug out my W7 install disk, its an upgrade disk not a install from fresh disk.

popped it in and it did something and now windows starts up which is good. but I only have my installed programs no files, I get this message

DSC_0749_zpsajudlorz.jpg

logged on and off and restarted etc but keeps happening, how do I resolve this?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Out of curiosity which company build decent ssd's?
I want one to speed up the wife's laptop - I only need 128GB