ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stacking sandwhich plates.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
The oil temp and oil level gauge sensors had to be removed in order to make way for the Turbo oil feed and return on my turbo valver.

I only have the oil pressure gauge working now and would like to get the temp gauge working as thats pretty important on a turbo track car.

I am aware that you can buy sandwhich plates that fit on the oil filter mount, but where do you get there from?

I also want to fit an oil cooler with thermo static sandwhich plate at the same time.

My question is can I stack two sandwhich plates on top of each other? So I can run a gauge and oil cooler. Is this possible and is this safe? Is anyone doing this on on clio 1*2's?

thanks

williams 2 turbo
the oil return on my one goes round the back of the block, so leaving the hole for the level sensor empty for the sensor. maybe worth doing this, and not messing around with load of sandwich plates. the problem you may have with stacking them, is clearance from the cooling fan, by the time you fit an oil filter on its close, was with mine, with just 1 plate for the oil cooler.

steve.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
i will be doing this, got mocal oil cooler with thermastatic sandwich plate, and got another sandwich plate with take off's for my oil temp and oil pressure senders.

not fitted it yet so cant comment on clearance, will be snug i imagine.

i got an extension bolt with my mocal cooler kit, looks like this http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/OIL-SYSTEMS-Extension-Bolts/c162_255/index.html

Would be interesting to hear some feedback on wether it would fit with enough clearance?

So lets say it does fit ok with two plates and extension bolt, is this ok/reliable?

I guess if you really wanted it to fit you could fettal the position of the rad and fan?

I think the oil temp gauge is one of the most important for turbo cars so im very keen to get on set up.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
why not get a t-piece and run the feed from the back of the block where the pressure sender goes?

M

mini-valver

There is an output on my thermostatic plate which as far as im aware is for tempreture?

M

mini-valver

Mocal. Its like a bolt in a hole, looks asif you take that out and fit a sender. I have no idea if thats right though, would make sense....

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Mocal. Its like a bolt in a hole, looks asif you take that out and fit a sender. I have no idea if thats right though, would make sense....

i'm gonna check my sandwich plate tonight for said hole, would save me a bit of hassle if mine has the same :approve: