ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Staggered tyre size?

RB 182 FF
About to fit some cup turinis to my 182 FF, got two 195/45/16s PS3s, and two 205/45/16 proxes t1r's.

Tyres aren't fitted to the wheels yet, but I was wondering whether running a staggered tyre size would be OK, albeit very minimal? Am I best off running the wider 205s front or rear?

Worth noting that the car's a daily and doesn't see the track.

TIA!

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I have run 205s on the front and 195s on the rear on my race car in the past. Obviously better traction with 205s.
On the road I doubt you’d notice any difference.
BUT Toyo T1Rs are truly awful tires and if you can I’d change those and just get a matching set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you can run those sizes no problem. Swap them front to rear to see where you prefer the grip. For a safe set up (understeer) stick the Toyos on the front.

RB 182 FF
Thanks both.

I have run 205s on the front and 195s on the rear on my race car in the past. Obviously better traction with 205s.
On the road I doubt you’d notice any difference.
BUT Toyo T1Rs are truly awful tires and if you can I’d change those and just get a matching set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re the proxes, I bought the car with davanti's on so I'm sure the toyo's would be an upgrade!