ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling & Cutting Out

Renault Clio 16V
Hi All,
I have a 2001 Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique. Recently I have been getting problems when I start the car the revs seem to be high and fluctuate by themselves, also the car seems to be smoking slightly as well. Another thing is when I am driving and stop at a set of traffic lights the revs seem to bog down with my foot on the clutch and the car will stall out and will be hesitant to start up again it also seems to intermittently show the STOP light and flashes the engine light with stop in the middle however if I pull over and shut the engine off and then re start the car it appears to be fine. If anyone can provide any clues as to whats happening it will be greatly appreciated. [video=youtube_share;oPRP7qj5NYA]http://youtu.be/oPRP7qj5NYA[/video]
Thanks
Charlie