ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling, oil leaks and juddery accerlation!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
(Here is the car in question: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?572114-New-car!&highlight=)

So I've only had my baby for a few weeks, as soon as I got it, it had really bad juddery acceleration, so I got it on diagnostics and found that there were two destructive misfire faults. So a quick change of spark plugs sorted that one out!

But its back! but not as serious, only at about 4000rpm so you don't notice it in normal driving, but there is definitely something wrong...

But now it stalls really easily when reversing off my drive or pulling away at junctions, I have to rev much higher than my old 1.2.
And last night when I started the car it ran for a few seconds and stalled, it did this about 4 times before I was on my way again.
I got the clutch inspected by 3 garages and they said it seemed fine, only on 34k anyways...

I rang up the guy I bought it off and asked why he didn't tell me about any of these problems and he said the car was fine, he also got really angry when I didn't, which sort of proved there was something wrong and he was covering it up!

Here is the list of faults that came off my car:
DF058: Downstream oxygen sensor circuit
DF135: Brake pedal sensor circuit
DF030: Fan unit high speed circuit
DF110: Destructive misfire OBD fault
DF110: Destructive misfire OBD fault
DF235: Cruise ctrl speed limiter, fault of the two brake pedal contacts

Now on to the oil leaks, take a look at these pictures, I have no idea if this is serious or not...

Thermostat housing
IMG_1486.jpg

A pipe underneath the thermostat
IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Wires behind the air filter
IMG_1492.jpg

More wires
IMG_1493.jpg

Underneath
IMG_1494.jpg

Any help here? I made a HUGE mistake in buying this car :(