ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Stanced" Clio

2003 clio 1.4 16v
Thought id start a thread so I can add some progress pictures

you gotta love how cheap silly bits are for these things

fitted new track rod ends , ARB droplink/bushes , new CV boot clips (old ones snapped and made my ABS light come on)

fitted my "US style" sidelights , yellow fog lights along with the reverse lights

Wrapped the standard spoiler , interior dash trim and gearknob insert in "Avery SWF gloss metallic black"

5-10mm spacers and some camber plates for the rear next

However having some trouble with the engine running rough on idle , poor fuel economy , I have a feeling its the Timing being a tooth out on one of the cams (have replaced the common stuff coilpacks ,tdc ,throttle body , tested injectors, map , CTS ) seems to be sluggish up until around 4,000RPM then pulls a lot harder (well as hard as a 1.4 would pull lol) sounds like I'm getting pre combustion (pinking/pinging?) obviously the ignition advance/r****d is controlled by the ECU so its seen to run a lot better when higher up in the "rev range" when the igniton timing is advanced/retarded to suit my incorrect timing so seems like a job for the weekend! , need to also get a new downpipe or decat the one I have as its so low to the floor its the only thing grounding out.

Positive camber on front has been sorted out and handles great!

feel free to give me some pointer in regards to sorting the timing (I do have a the timing tools)

can I just keep belt in place and slacken off whatever pulley is slightly out and rotate the cam shaft round then nip it back up?

Heres some photos from last night me and my friends had a little "Shoot" these are just ones from my phone , DSLR ones to follow

Attachments

• IMG_20170417_221246.jpg
    IMG_20170417_221246.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 145