ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 Cup - 195/45 R16 Tyres

geoffn

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I’m looking for 4 * new 195/45 R16 Tyres for my 172 Cup. Car is bog standard – honest and will be kept that way.

I don’t do very many miles a year, the car is rarely used in the wet and just want 4 “good” tyres, they don’t have to be mega grippy etc.

Been considering:-

Pirelli PZero Nero GT £60.65 each inc vat

Uniroyal RainSport 5 @ £52.25 each inc vat

Toyo Proxes TR1 @ £48.30 each inc vat

Any thoughts or other recommendations please ?

Thanks.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I ran the Pirellis on my 182 for about 3 years, albeit in 205 45 16.

I found them to be a decent tyre that worked all year round. They also seemed to last ages too.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
If you want a ‘budget’ tyre I’d recommend the TR1 far better than the outgoing t1r, plenty of grip in the wet and dry. But if budget isn’t an issue Pilot sport 4 all day long

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go with these over all of the above. At £50 each you cant go wrong.

I've used them on the track in the wet and dry. Also phenomal on the road. My go to tyre.

2002 Clio II Ph2 172
My clio 172 ph2 feels like its on rails compared to a lot of other cars ive driven, on both wet and dry conditions. It might have something to do with the Pilot Sport 3 tyres fitted by the previous owner. Not just the car itself.
2 and a half years later and about 25000 kms since ive bought the car, they barely wore out. Only the outer edges on 2 of them due to bad alignment but thats sorted. I really like them. Expensive though..

Road only use by the way. Daily driver. Occasional blasts, few drag starts and so on, but nothing too frequent or extreme.