ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard 182 system with decat

BG182FF
anyone ever done this and what the sound is like? cant find it anywhere on CS :( thanks for any help

ClioSport 172 Cup
very deep sound like a rumbling big block chevy V8, sounds like a thousand wilderbeast galloping across the african savannah. Nice bark when you fire it up too.

ClioSport 172 Cup
i have a 182 mani on mine with decat and straight through system, shatters next doors windows when i start it.

clio sport
i wanted a de cat myself but its too much hassle when u have to take the car to mot unless u r a mechanic urself so u can put cat back on before mot than after mot has passed u can go home and install the straight pipe again. simples.

Renault Sport 182
Whats the point? isnt the standard cat basically a hi flow (race cat) cat anyway? how much power would you gain and then you have to get a remap anyway.

BG182FF
i think it may be a solotuion to my low sitting Cat. the decat pipe is a lot thinner shall i say

I had the cat and centre silencer removed for £80, tested it with the £1200 noise meter at work, came out 5db across the rev range louder much more raspy, cars not quite as lively low down but much better in the higher rev range on track. Was worth 10mph on the straights at oulton park, thats without being mapped to suit