ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 182 Wheel Colour…?

Ste

Clio 182
Hi there,

First post on here! I bought my 05 plate 182 a couple of weeks ago as was wandering about the wheel colour. You can see there is difference in the centre caps to the spokes but I was wondering what the colour is for the standard 182 (no cup packs) is it silver or more of a grey?
I’m thinking of getting them refurbed in the spring next year.

Thanks.

25B6D215-2B55-4DFA-82E8-EB208507D787-COLLAGE.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hi there,

First post on here! I bought my 05 plate 182 a couple of weeks ago as was wandering about the wheel colour. You can see there is difference in the centre caps to the spokes but I was wondering what the colour is for the standard 182 (no cup packs) is it silver or more of a grey?
I’m thinking of getting them refurbed in the spring next year.

Thanks.

View attachment 1715509
Non CUP models came with Silver wheels, CUP/ CUP packed models in Anthracite, which judging by the centre caps, looks like yours are off a CUP.

The factory colour is Ixel 205-110 but there’s no RAL code which most refurbishing companies will ask for. It’s a chew on, but the closest colour to it is Stone Grey which is a Rover colour.

Just try and get the closest match to that. Remove the Renault badges from the centre caps and the refurbishers will paint them to match.

Ste

Clio 182
Non CUP models came with Silver wheels, CUP/ CUP packed models in Anthracite, which judging by the centre caps, looks like yours are off a CUP.

The factory colour is Ixel 205-110 but there’s no RAL code which most refurbishing companies will ask for. It’s a chew on, but the closest colour to it is Stone Grey which is a Rover colour.

Just try and get the closest match to that. Remove the Renault badges from the centre caps and the refurbishers will paint them to match.
Thanks for that, I found similar answers but wanted to make sure. Think I’ll got back to silver then 👍

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Another alternative is to speak to whoever refurbishes them and ask if you get some paint mixed up, can they paint them in that colour. Ask them how much you’ll need.

Then find a decent Bodyshop who should scan the centre cap, then mix the exact colour for you.

I did this many years ago when one of my diamond cut alloys started corroding and they couldn’t replace under warranty. A replacement wheel was £800, so I took it into a Bodyshop, they scanned it, mixed me the paint and I sent into my local refurbishers.

I couldn’t tell the difference between the factory alloy and the refurbished one.

Depends how much you suffer from OCD.

Ste

Clio 182
Another alternative is to speak to whoever refurbishes them and ask if you get some paint mixed up, can they paint them in that colour. Ask them how much you’ll need.

Then find a decent Bodyshop who should scan the centre cap, then mix the exact colour for you.

I did this many years ago when one of my diamond cut alloys started corroding and they couldn’t replace under warranty. A replacement wheel was £800, so I took it into a Bodyshop, they scanned it, mixed me the paint and I sent into my local refurbishers.

I couldn’t tell the difference between the factory alloy and the refurbished one.

Depends how much you suffer from OCD.
Thanks for that, when the time comes I think I’ll go with Silver. It looks a lot cleaner, in my opinion that is. I saw these 2 for sale, and side by side I definitely prefer them lighter.
IMG_2679.jpeg