ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard cd headunit problem! Help

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
Ok ive got a standard tuner list head unit in my clio.

went to the shops today listening to cd's and the radio fine. when i got back into the car to return home i started the car as usual, however the cd player didnt come on. the display doesnt work either, and whenever i push any buttons it makes a beep noise. i know its getting power because of the beep noise and that it ejects and takes in cd's

i found that if i remove the ariel connection the cd player works fine:S but i cant have the radio, and as soon as i reconnect the ariel it no longer works again!

anyone have any idea whats up with it? or had a similar problem? :(

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
Done some more probing, if i remove the ariel connection and put a piece of wire in the back of the cd player (to use as an ariel) it works fine. but as soon as i reconnect the ariel connection the cd player goes off! :S

any info would be a great help thanks

i just cant see why the ariel connection would stop the cd player working :dapprove:

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
Ive just been and looked and there doesnt appear to be an TA button :S

seems strange that it works ok, unless the ariel is connected

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
hmmm....this is odd

ive now found that if i start the engine then connect the ariel it works perfect, but if i connect the ariel when the cars off or so the key is turned one click it does work! :S

BMW M135i
Check the fuses, I think theres more than one fuse for the radio (marked for something else but it covers it) and it can produce strange results if one of them goes.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There is a TA or TP function, It mutes the radio station while the traffic information is broadcast.

If you have the radio key code, pull the connectors out of the back of the set and re connect it to do a reset.