ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Head Unit + 6x9’s

Hi guys, I wonder if someone can help. I just bought a Clio 182 which I often have to use with the seats down and parcel shelf out in order to transport stuff.

I have a good pair of Alpine 6x9 speakers (which i used to have last time I had a hot hot hatch many years ago) and I was going to get a custom shelf made up for the Clio in order to use them. My plan is to get the speakers fixed to the shelf on a "plug" of some kind so i can take the back shelf in and out as and when I need to. I assume when the shelf is out I can just use the standard speakers.

I have a small Rockford Fosgate amp which I hoped to use to run the 6x9s. Does the standard head unit on a Clio 182 have the facility to run an amp? I dont really want to buy another head unit if i can avoid it. Anyone know the best place to source the shelf? Finally is what im talking about possible??

Thanks

Dont think the standard headunit will have a pre-out to run the amp mate. Once you remove the shelf only your front speakers will work as youll have to use the existing wires from the rear quarter speakers to run the 6x9s. I would make a shelf myself but if your looking to buy one Im sure the companies called Acoustic Solutions or search the net for "Stealth Shelf" but their about £80++ iirc. 6x9s are not worth it TBH mate get some front components instead or spend the money on the shelf on a HU!