ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard immobiliser removal

Long post: but if you know about these then please bear with it as there is a lot of info here.

N reg valver: Just fitted new Cat 1 alarm and want to get rid of the standard Reno immobiliser bcos at the minute we still have to use the plip action to start the car. However,weve had to get keys re-coded a couple of times already and cant be doin with the unreliability. It had a new decoder not long ago: so that should be ok. Could possibly need new keys, but obviously dont wana spend money if we can get round it.

I know the Reno immobiliser goes thro the ECU hence why you need the plipper to de-activate it. However, is there any way you know how to by-pass it for good? Spoke to Reno service guy & he said there is no way to do it...but he might just be saying that so we have to keep going back to re-code the keys (and alarm guy said it was possible to by-pass also). We have the immobiliser code as Reno said you can manually input this via the accelerator pedal/wiper arm switch...but he said it wont remember this code & may need to input it everytime we try to start the car but this is just not practicle.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received, cheers

Got a CAT1 and have to use the plipperas well as the new plipper, been told no way to bypass it or turn it off due to ECU by several places, only way i know of is to have the two immobs wired together on installation, but i didnt know this till after i had it fitted, then to have this done the whole lots got to come out again!

When I first got my valver I wanted a second key coded, the car went round the back of the dealers and next thing I knew neither key worked.

After a day they of messing with it they tried to fob the car back to me without the plip working, i.e car would run but no central locking / immobiliser. This would indicate it can be done, but how ? this was 7 years ago on a N plate.

Anyway told them where to go as it was them that had screwed it, needed a new ecu and two keys in the end. So my extra key ended up costing nothing but could have done without the hassle.

Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan on 09 January 2004

After a day they of messing with it they tried to fob the car back to me without the plip working, i.e car would run but no central locking / immobiliser. This would indicate it can be done, but how ? this was 7 years ago on a N plate.

So we know it can be done. Does anyone know HOW we can do this tho? Thanx for your experiences so far btw. :)

If anyone does have an idea let us in on it as you look like a right tit having to mess about with two immobs at petrol stations!

gibbo300 where from?