ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard or carbon bonnet?

Ph1 172
got a few scrathes and a hell of alot of stone chips on the bonnet and am playing with the thought of getting a carbon one one.

opinions needed please.

nathan

If the carbon bonnet matches the car colour then go with the carbon, I've seen a yellow carbon bonnet on a yellow Evo, it looked fantastic.

Other than that they just look like you've raided a scrap yard IMO :S

And as an aside, where do the washer jets go? I assume as its an offence not to have your washer fluid filled up (or frozen whilst on the road) that not having the means to spray the screen would also be frowned upon.

Suzuki SV1000S
How about on a black car? Anyone know where the kit to mount the jets on the wipers arms can be had from, Oh and also a carbon bonnet for a black valver

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Yeah, I need a carbon bonnet for a valver. Group buy from anywhere?

George16v said:
How about on a black car? Anyone know where the kit to mount the jets on the wipers arms can be had from, Oh and also a carbon bonnet for a black valver

Like peaches and cream

A rear jet from a newish VAG should do the trick....It's on the wiper;)

As for Mk1 bonnets....try Team Think

Ktec also.....but don't hold your breath, they've been coming soon for a over a year:sleepy:

Carbon.

I can see what it looks like then. I'm tempted and would rather someone else buy one first, so I can see if I like the look! Especially as it's a nice blue one.... :)

Have a look before buying Carbon, I've got a KTec carbon bonnet on my 5, its just GRP with a very thin layer of carbon over the top so its not as light as it could be. Although it is lighter than the standard bonnet. And whats the point in painting over carbon, you just going to add weight, paint isnt light.

Suzuki SV1000S
They don't have a website, They are hand made and take a week to do, He is gonna call me when they have built 1 so I can go and have a look - I shall take some pics and let you know. They can do glass fibre ones too