ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter Motor Not Cranking (Intermittent)

I had my car MOT'd last week (MY04 182) and since then its had an intermittent starting issue. I watched the car being MOT'd so no funny business took place however for the duration of the MOT the car was running and I'm possibly wondering if the starter has got too hot being in close proximity to the exhaust manifold with no air flow?

The issue I've had since the MOT is that generally the car wont turn over when hot, I can bump start it without any issues and the battery is healthy but the starter motor shows absolutely no life when I turn the key. Because it starts without issue when cold I don't exactly know why there's an issue when the cars warmed up but i'm inclined to think there's no issue with the electrical system itself.

Has anybody had or heard of a similar issue, I'd like to be more confident it is the starter motor before I change it for a new one as A. they're expensive and B. it does not look enjoyable to remove. I have a trackday at Anglesey this Sunday so will have to make do with bump starting the car until then :(

Sorry to bring up an old thread - did you ever get the solution to this, mine is doing exactly this - way to much heat soak.

as i've changed mine myself about 3 times now, due to the starter not cranking when warm.

03 clio sport asc
I have same issue. happened after a track day, during a track day and yesterday after a drive. did nothing just kept trying to start it and when about to give up, think 5 min it just starts but this is a bit of a worry. Any ideas folks? everything looks right ? is it a starter or crank sensor?