ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter Motor

Hey guys, well me car *16V 1.8 93* is playing up as it decides it will start as and when it feels like it. I dont think the starter motor is dead as when its bump started it turns over just fine. What do you guys think!? I think it just needs to be taken out and cleaned so as to get off all the grease and crap!!? has any one had this happen to them!?

Oh and where is the starter motor located, as i have lent my trusty haynes to a friend!? cheers

Mine bump started but not under its own steam.

The bushes int eh starter had totally gone.. so it was turning it at an angle.. often, the battery alone wasnt enough to turn it.. but the extra help from another battery was.

When it turned over, it made a clunking sound as it wasnt disengaging properly.. took it out and it was noticably broke.. heh.

New starter is amazing tho, sounds mint.. hehe.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

my mates starter moter went weak with its age.there was plenty of voltage to it but it wouldnt turn the engine over fast enough.he got a recon one for about £60 though so not to pricey.

Reconditioned for £60 a brand!!!!:eek: new one only costs £55 + VAT @ GSF, nah i dont need a new one just need it disconedted cleaned and checked as it sticking and not turning over properly.