ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting issue...starter stops spinning before car fires?

impreza wagon S2000
Just replaced the starter motor with a second hand unit, (checked it before fitting and clutch fork engaged ok) starter turns for a few seconds and then just stops...it behaves like that every time I try to start it, sounds fine -battery is fully charged- but then just stops. Plugged fault code reader in and it won't connect, always worked in the past. Will post of photo of dash warning lights in a mo.

Any suggestions grateful received!

impreza wagon S2000
20140223_154001.jpg

Many.
I can't see the video atm, but is the imobliser stopping it? I forget if they stop it cranking.

I wonder about earth, what did it do before you changed the starter? Was the old starter completely shot?

Otherwise, if you want me to have a look (being an auto elec by day as you know) I'll happily fit you in one evening.

impreza wagon S2000
tried that Sean and no joy :(

No other work to electrics Alex...be super grateful if you could take a look drop me a text :)

impreza wagon S2000
Sorted, just in case anyone is unaware AlexW is a bloody superstar; snapped off earth wire that disappeared into the cable shielding that I'd have never found without his help...thanks Alex :)