ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problem on my RSI

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
parked my car up to go to lunch on sunday and when i came back the car would not start at all immobiliser was off but when i turned the key nothing happened didnt even hear the starter motor solenoid even click lights and controls were working. car bump started with ease so i can safely say the immobiliser is not the problem, drove round for about 20 miles parked up and went to start her again and she wouldnt start.

checked the battery and i couldnt see the green ball ( cant remember the make of the battery but its got the magic eye gizmo,

took battery off and charged it over nite. car started first time on monday, measured the voltage going through the battery and its was 14.6 so this proved the alternator is working fine.

drove the car for a bit went to see a mate came back 15 mins later and the car wouldnt start again checked the battery and it was reading 12.56 volts , bump started it no problem. took the car home, went to try and start it again ( some 5 hrs later) and she started first time.

sorry for the massive essay but its doing my head in. could it be a damaged wire or somthing or a bad battery???

Sounds like the starter motor.. mine did the same.. jump starting it off another car gave it that little but more juice to turn./

When I took the starter off, it was turning at an angle.. seriously broke..

Wait for other people's opinion, but it sounds like that..

It's similar to what a bad earth could do.. my starter wasn't getting enough power from one battery to turn it.. sometimes it would be perfect then just odd times, it'd be bust again!

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
the car hasnt been jump started only bumped.i am swaying more to there might be a loose or damaged wire, as she has started on the key half the time

Fiesta ST
Another vote for the starter motor being (or on its way) out. Could possibly be a corroded terminal or bad earth though. But I think it'd be wise just to get a new starter on.

clio 182 FF + chipped
i had the same problem on my 16v it sounds like the starter motor. i had 2 buy a re con one.But for now if you tap the side of the starter motor with a hammer on the side it should start. but ovoiusly you will need a new one!