ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting problem

Golf
Had a few problems with me phase 2 172, Its been back to renault once and had a new wiring harness fitted because it wasnt starting and the clocks on me dash- the mileage kept resetting themselves, they had it for 3 weeks and a got back middle of jan, it was fine for a while until just over a week ago a noticed the clocks where resetting themselves again then a few days later it wasnt starting again

anyone else had this problem or no what it could be

CB600FS
Test the battery mate, if its low it'll cause your trip to keep resetting and non-starting.

Clio 172
HI mate, when you said the car wouldn't start, do you mean it wouldn't turn over, or would it turn off and not fire. Mine is doing the same but the engine does turn over. The mpg etc on the display seems to reset to 000.00. Cheers

Clio Sport 172
battery!! i replaced mine.. problem solved..

now i jsut have the ticking over and not firing sometimes :(

Golf
c10max a carnt help mate, mine turned out to be tempramental, after a couple of weeks it was fine and has been since then, didnt end up replacing anything just sorted its self out, same thing happened to airs172

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
It is still your battery mate trust me if it aint too bad you wont have the problem now weather turned warmer. try leaving lights and stereo on for a bit with ignition off then try and start it it will then reset again .:D