ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Problem

Basically this is a recurring problem that seems to happen once every couple of months and it's fine from then on.

Try to start the engine but the only thing that happens is the dials give a whirring noise and give up, the battery can't be at fualt as all the elctrics work, CD player/ changer, dash lights, main beam/dipped beam.

Immobiliser light also turns off so I've ruled that out, only way to get the car to start is to get it jump started!

Had to get Dean (BioHzrd) down to jump start the car.

Anyone got any idea's to what could be wrong, or what needs repaired?

BMW F31
take it out clean it, put it back and see if it carries on to be a problem, if its cleaned properly it should work without hitch.

im not saying this is your problem, just an idea to rule it out. :)

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
my 1.6 had something simular. go to turn it on but nothing but electrics, would even try turning over. Held the key there and eventually it would go. stoped now so think it was the cold weather. never had to jump start it though

Anyone got a picture of the TDC sensor, or help me locate it?

Tried to start the car 9 or 10 times last night and got nothing, jumped it and it started straight away.

Cro

Meg'd r27
starter motor? see if it starts when you let the clutch out in gear when rolling.

new clio 1.4 16V
Yeah its starter motor, just hit it with your hand or wrench, i took mine out and cleaned it and i dont have the problem any more!
Easy job really. :D