ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting problem

hi having problems with my g/f clio need some, help plz we cant afford to take it to a garage.

At the start it only did it a few times but been getting worse and now it wont start. we turn the key and it just turns over and wont fire up. 1t started went we had a coil pack prob so changed that and seemed fine, then every now and then didn't start first time took a few turns. but now it wont start. i changed the plugs about 2 weeks ago which helped it fire up quicker but still didn't start 1st time everytime and now it wont start just turn over.

any ideas, we thought maybe the starter motor?

Thanks
chris

sorry

clio grande, x 2000, 1.2 standard

she called out a break down guy last night who got it going and said we have to put the petal down when starting it and that this is a comon fault and something about them flooding the plugs? I've never heard this b4 surely it can be fixed so it starts everytime was this guy just fobing my gf off as she's a girl and it was getting late???? it still wont start with the pedal down every time so that hasn't fixed it