ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting problem...

mk1 1.2 8v clio
was out tonight driving around, turned off the engine came back to it a bit later to start it and it sounds like the starter motor is spinning. it doesnt turn the engine over atall. it bump starts first time tho. the first time it did it was last night but then it started second key turn so i didnt think anything of it. did it a couple more times but always started. now there is nothing. any chance as it gradually got colder its done something? any ideas as whats gone wrong as my dad says the starter motor never just packs up like that? :S

megane 285 sport
well if the starter is spinning then the engine is turning over, with all the cold weather its probably is the battery

M

mini-valver

Solenoid sticking probably. As above, hit it with something!

mk1 1.2 8v clio
yeh someone on another forum mentioned the solenoid, and it says about that in the haynes manual. its definately not the battery as all lights and radio are working fine. my local scrapyard is a 5 minute drive away so il go up tomorro and nick a new solenoid :)