ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problem

clio 1.2 dynamique
Hi guys just found this forums so here goes.

I have the 2001 1.2 dynamique. I have 2 sets of keys, Set1 used to work all the time, Set 2 never worked apart from odd occasion. Batteries on both keys had run out. Last week i pressed the button on Set1 and the door unlocked, "i thought great".

But when i tried to start the car the starter motor would only just turn over but the car would start. Other times the starter motor wouldnt even try to turn over. I have noticed the wee red light on the dash flashes like crazy and when i turn the key no noise what so ever. other times the little red light stays on and so does the STOP sign

Starter motor has been replaced
3 Relay Switches in the engine bay have been replaced too

but still the same problem

any help appreciated

cheers

clio 1.2 dynamique
No one at all help with this?

I have read through some posts on this forum and lots from google but still nothing. and if someone did get it fixed they never posted the bloody answer lol

Changed the crankshaft sensor today with the new blue modified one from renault but still no action

Megane dci 130
Red flashing imob light means key is not recognised

Red solid light means ECU is not recieving code from UCH

Try turning the ignition on for a minuite then off, then try and start it.

clio 1.2 dynamique
aright

some times i get the flashing one other times i get the solid red light. so if the key is not recognised does that mean new key or new decoder ring.

cheers for the reply too

clio 1.2 dynamique
I also forgot to mention.

When i wanted to start the car i could, quickly turn the key without waiting for lights and the car would crank and start fine. but if i turned it to position 2 till the lights came on then try to crank nothing at all.

Golf GTD Mk7
code for the UCH might have been lost mate. Flashing light might be due to one of the keys losing the code. Solid light one still has the code, but it's not being relayed to the ECU from the UCH.