ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problem

Renault Clio 182 cup
Hi Just signed up to this forum and I have just bought a Renault Clio sport 182 54 plate.

I was after a bit of help and advice about a starting problem I am getting. My car has normally been starting fine and drives excellent once started but twice now it has not started once on wednesday and once on Friday. When I went to start it nothing is happening no sound at all, all the lights are on the dash and not dimming but it is not turning over. Thought it may be the immobiliser not turning off could this be a problem is there anyway of by passing it to test it.

Also when I turn the key to start it there is a very small delay sometimes before it fires up

help would be appriciated

Thanks Ralph

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Could be either the starter control relay or the main solenoid control wire connection needing a clean. You will need to get under the car to check the latter.

Mick

Renault Clio 182 cup
Hi thanks for reply. Once am under is it easy to spot. Where abouts should I be looking thanks

Ralph