ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problems

Clio 1.2
Hi all, right a couple of months ago I tried to start my car and all i got was the ECU warning light on and my car would rev to around 2000 and then drop again (on its own). Eventaully this went away and i thought nothing of it.

However recently this sort of thing has happened is happening almost once a day. Everytime I start my car the light will come up, but sometimes I cant use the accelerator pedal at all, sometimes the car revs to itself, sometimes the idle is at something daft like 2500 revs and mostly the car will go into limp lode and not go above 2000 revs.

Now from what I have read on here it could be a number of different things. However my fuel economy seems to be good at the moment so I thinking that it isnt the O2 sensor? I also took a look under the car and i couldnt find anything that looked "wrong".

So I am now thinking that it could be the throttle body? But would this bring up the warning light?

Anyone got ANY ideas at all please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Clio 1.2
Can anyone tell me how much I would be looking at for a new throttle body and a coilpack?

Megane dci 130
It will be the throttle body connections inside the inlet manifold. Fairly common problem.

A throttle body is 250 bucks + the dreaded but they rarely go wrong.