ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting problems!

clio extreme
basically i bought a clio about 3 weeks ago, a 1.2 clio extreme, and i seem to have problems starting it.
when i turn the key it just keeps ticking over and not firing! if thats right "/ i have to pump the accelerator for it to start, so i took it back to garage and he changed the starter motor, but it still does it, he told me its my technique and i should press the accelerator down slightly when starting, but it dont work for me. is it my technique? or something wrong? like tdc? thanks

182 cup
there shouldnt be a technique to starting a car! you should turn the key and it should start.

soulds like it could be the TDC sensor, same symptoms as mine on the Cup and it was the TDC. easy job for the DIY mechanic too

Megane 225
It's fuel injected, so shouldn't need any acceleration to start it. There's a problem somewhere. Could be a TDC sensor or maybe a coolant temp sensor. Could even be a faulty throttle. I'd ask the garage to pay for it to be diagnosed on a Renault Clip computer. Shouldn't be more than £50 from Renault!