ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Static IP Address BB providers

Bumder With A Buffer
Does anyone use a BB provider that gives you a static IP address?? And if so who?

I know BT will do you one but only if your a business and then they want to charge you £5 extra every month for the privilege

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Not that it helps, but you'll probably find that most ISP's will charge for a static IP. Those that don't and usually niche providers (like A&A) and will have higher monthly costs anyway.

Bumder With A Buffer
Plusnet offer a free static Ip, as do Be and Eclipse.

Its mainly so I can use/login to CCTV at home without having to set-up a DDNS everytime the IP changes.

DDNS is easy, once its set and the details are in the router it does it automatically.

BMW M135i
Not specifically static but my IP on virgin hasn't changed in well over a year, plus the last octet is the same as my customer number on the hostname I don't think it will anymore either. Used to change every couple of days previously.

clio
I used newnet previously very good provider and free static ip. Now with virgin ip hasn't changed ever

Bumder With A Buffer
Thts the plan..but how do I go about doing it?? Does it vary between Routers? Which ones to use.

Register for an account on a dynamic dns site, (I use dysdns.org but think you have to pay for it now) then put the account and host name in the router. Doesn't vary too much really most routers are similar, the netgear ones are quite easy to use.