ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Exhausts

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I'm looking at getting a stealth exhaust, but i don't want anything overly loud.
I'm currently running a 182 manifold, with a k-tec decat link pipe to the standard 172 back end.
The back box is on it's way out, and in need of replacement.

I've seen various threads on people saying their stealth system is overly loud and they're not happy with it, and want a little help before splashing out and being pissed off with my new purchase.

all advice / recommendations on a back end to go with my current system would be appreciated!

Also, I have a 172 square cat, without any pipework, wheres the best place to get rid?
I thought i saw one of the traders buying them back, but can't find the thread, if not i'll just weigh it in, its fairly fubar'd anyways mot wise.

Cheers guys!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
a little, but not too different. I think thats coz my backbox is starting to blow aswell though.

I should have mentioned in my first post, I do also have a custom sports cat that can go in for MOTs and such like.

Countryman JCW
Ive just had a Ktec 172 stealth with the centre silencer fitted. Cant complain, only a tad louder than the standard system and has a little pop every now and again on the over run!

Going to be de-cat'ing it soon though to run a nice chunk of boost through it... doubt it will sound the same then haha!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Cool, that settles my mind a little.

If it's too loud with the de-cat i might out my sports cat back in, atleast thats an option.

I didn't really notice any difference loudness wise between sports cat and decat, but it is noticeably quieter with the std cat.

FYI my car noise tested at:

68dB completely std system
86dB ktec twin box stealth with sports cat

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
thats very helpful actually, i can take 86dB, stereo doesn't normally drop below 115dB anyways! lol