ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth - KTec, Yozza or GDI

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
By reputation what would you buy.

K-tec - janspeed, over 40yrs making exhaust and race bred systems...
YS - JP - Make exhausts for TVR, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston....Old boy had one on his old Dino iirc...And more latterly on the E-type, although i thinik that was just the Manifolds.

GDi - Piper?! Sold to the max power world?

I'm on my 2nd Janspeed decat and this one is breaking up from the inside, Laura's old system didn't sit or hang right. JP have a local reputation of being unreliable and poor quality, I've seen one fall to bits on a Seat Ibizia... does any of this mean much? Probably not, s**t happens, not everything will be 100% all of the time. Piper have probably made some shocking stuff in the past too, but I'm happy with mine, Laura was with hers, I've had enough systems to know when a system is well made or not and it provided me an immediate and obvious gain.

Oh, and blue flame also make exhausts for TVR... again, doesn't really mean much as they dont have the best of reputations either. I know a few people with their systems too, some were fine, others had nothing but problems.

Dare i say i agree with something you've said!!!

Fcuk knows why blueflame were contracted to do the exhausts on the Tuscan and Sagaris...Deary me...I played about with justin's old one and it ended up having to be welded to stop it blowing.

never had a problem with my Janspeed Decat. Do GDi not do a Straight through pipe. Thought you'd have that instead.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Yozzasport system....

Quality is the best i have ever seen...

The noise is very subtle - to average joe its not louder than normal

Best one out of the lot!

Yozzasport system....

Quality is the best i have ever seen...

The noise is very subtle - to average joe its not louder than normal

Best one out of the lot!

No gains tho as its a direct replacement for the OE item.

If you want gains from a Yozza you have to go for one of their race systems which is too loud for everyday use.

Quality spot on, just a shame theres no middle of the road exhaust which gives a little gain and aint too loud like the other companys seem to provide

ITB BG 182
in all respect ive been to many plces with my cars in the past an the only place that has come up tops for me was seeing mark fish an then GDi.
Mark was bloody good with what was done yet i did pay mega bucks for it i know i was bloodt satisified when i left as his work is top notch.
An when i went to GDi Andy did a service on my car and also told me about a couple of things that could go wrong with it like the rear shock and some thing wrong with the exhaust at the time an other bits an bobs.
Yea its only minor stuff but none of the other places i have gone to have told me about some thing that could go wrong soon or what problems i had with my car. s**t i didnt even know that i had a wheel alighnment problem till he told me, had it fixed an the car felt some what different.

Dare i say i agree with something you've said!!!

Fcuk knows why blueflame were contracted to do the exhausts on the Tuscan and Sagaris...Deary me...I played about with justin's old one and it ended up having to be welded to stop it blowing.

never had a problem with my Janspeed Decat. Do GDi not do a Straight through pipe. Thought you'd have that instead.

well I think it's common sense and common practice to assume that everywhere will have had some kind of problems, you cant control the quality 100% on anything, so something has to give.

Blueflame have made some real s**t, but then they also do some unbelievable stuff. Like their Celica GT4 (ST205) system which they 'claim' give upto 40bhp!!! b****cks you'd think, but my friend had his car RR'd before and after with one at Pro Sport (very good RR imo) and it made over 30bhp improvement, which is just hard to believe... it certainly felt like it inside the car though.

Both my Janspeeds have had this problem, no idea why, just seem to break up internally... must be too much power ;) Dunno if GDI do a straight pipe, imagine they can get me one, I only want something cheapy anyway... decat's are much of a muchness really.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Blueflame is Like Tubi/Quiksilver of the bike world. I can understand there reasons for expanding there product range but to risk there reputation for poor quality car systems (Bar your example) is dodgy imo.

I'm not Insinuating that every manufacturer has to have 100% record. I believe K-tec had a bad batch of centre's recently.

I would chose an exhaust for Noise and sound than 3-5bhp increase...Which in reality is a fart in the wind!

Blueflame is Like Tubi/Quiksilver of the bike world. I can understand there reasons for expanding there product range but to risk there reputation for poor quality car systems (Bar your example) is dodgy imo.

I'm not Insinuating that every manufacturer has to have 100% record. I believe K-tec had a bad batch of centre's recently.

I would chose an exhaust for Noise and sound than 3-5bhp increase...Which in reality is a fart in the wind!

Well that's upto them how they run their company. End of the day they are going strong and people are still buying products from them, I'm sure that's all they are mainly concerned about.

To be perfectly honest I dont see why I should have to compromise on an exhaust system. There are than many available that I'd want and expect it to do the lot. Sound nice, be well made, nice finish and style to it and also provide a gain while not being loud enought to get you an ASBO.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You drive a car with TB's!!!! ASBO's and TB's go hand in hand!

Meh Cliotuning is a mugs game! hence why you do it john! ;)

I dont and haven't had ITB's for some time and the car is quieter with them under normal driving circumstances. That's a fact.

95% of people on here must be mugs... the stinging irony however is the price/performance ratio of the V6, so who's really the mug? You could have got an M3 and you'd no longer be a virgin :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I dont and haven't had ITB's for some time and the car is quieter with them under normal driving circumstances. That's a fact.

95% of people on here must be mugs... the stinging irony however is the price/performance ratio of the V6, so who's really the mug? You could have got an M3 and you'd no longer be a virgin :rasp:

PMSL! All true. but i'm a cool cat not a follower! 20k mile vee or a 70k BMW that shouts..."Wayhey i can finally afford one!" ;)

You should of kept your williams at least then you'd have something worth while! lol

I'd take an M-sport derived car with pedagree and history, more car for the money.

What all of this has to do with exhaust however I dont know.

clearly... :rolleyes:

Ali said:
i wouldn't buy anything from GDi...But thats my opinion alone. I don't believe the quality is up to scratch

Ali said:
errr. Well i saw yours/ Laura's 2 boys up here have one?! And it was nout to write home about.

Ali said:
GDi - Piper?! Sold to the max power world?

Ali said:
I would rather put my hard earned into a quality product even if it's only buy reputation.

Ali said:
your right it was at a glance.

I think it's a fair and obvious assumption that it could be the best system in the world and you'd still tell everyone it's crap. Hardly a good review, you've not said why the quality it poor, or what's bad about them, best you can come up with is that "chavs buy them". Has one fallen off, apart etc? If reputation is that important why try and tarnish someone's with no actual reason other than dislike?

Dont think I need to really say anything else, you've done a good enough job of showing yourself up.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Likewise John, you don't need to defend the company all the time. I, like you are entitled to an opinion. Hence why we were 'discussing' the matter off the forum.

We'll agree to disagree...I find it hard to regard a product from GDi as bein a quality item i've got loads of shots of shoddy work and thats left an inherent picture on my mind!

AGAIN MY opnion! It's a public forum and it is allowed. I'm not slating nor am i 'bashin' GDI. I'm simply sayin out of the 3 exhaust listed i would not buy from them.

Right thats enough!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you two are such a pair of moany old girls.

you both have your own somewhat biased opinions (that you cannot deny!) and neither of you can ever let it rest!!!

i am making enquires to limiting your posting abilites so you cannot post in any technical threads. It could help stop this madness that happens on a daily basis. We all get really fed up with reading your reported posts all the time!

kind regards ;)

lol, its quite an amusing read tbh. Without wanting to get involved I have to agree with ali, I dont know why you always feel the need to defend a company you dont even work for!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
He says black i say white...I couldn't care either way. Like i said above it's my opinion. He has his!

End of story.

TVR Cerbera
you two are such a pair of moany old girls.

you both have your own somewhat biased opinions (that you cannot deny!) and neither of you can ever let it rest!!!

i am making enquires to limiting your posting abilites so you cannot post in any technical threads. It could help stop this madness that happens on a daily basis. We all get really fed up with reading your reported posts all the time!

kind regards ;)

well said :lolup: