ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

steam clean!!!!!

I really want to get my engine clean if i got it done somewhere decent would it be ok or wolud it just balls up the electrics?

Dont do it mate! I once went to get it done, booked it in and everything - and the guy point blank refused to touch it as soon as the bonnet was open!! He said it would ruin the car!

So I took myself of to Halfords, got an "engine cleaning kit" and lots of Tesco Value toothbrushes - and hey presto! I wouldnt spray a hosepipe in there either, like the instructions say. Just spray the cleaner (next best thing to paintstripper, so keep away from body work/painted areas) on the toothbrush, give it a scrub. Then wet the toothbrush in clean water and scrub again to get the stuff off. Finally use an old hand-towel to soak up the excess water. Hey presto - clean engine.

P.S. I t helped that my car had had an engine re-build before I did it!!

if the car has a distributer fitted, then put a plastic bag over it.. also the ecu if visible..

the wash away - steam is better than power wash by far.. -

before you crack it up, blow an airline around the plugs and remove the plastic bag....

most 16v units have a seal at the top of the plug tube, so no worries there.

Joe.